Ravi Zacharias quoting David Berlisnki
I have watched a number of messages and debates from Ravi Zacharias. In most of those messages or debates, there is a moment when Ravi pulls out his phone, and when I does, I am conditioned to know what is coming. He is about to quote from David Berlinski. Berlinki is fairly renown contemporary mathematician, philosopher and writer. Berlinski also happens to be a skeptic of the existence of God. On the other hand, when someone tries to tell Ravi that science and or philosophy disproves God Ravi loves to quote a skeptic (Berlinski) on this topic, below…
- Has anyone provided a proof of God’s inexistence? Not even close.
- Has quantum cosmology explained the emergence of the universe or why it is here? Not even close.
- Have the sciences explained why our universe seems to be fine-tuned to allow for the existence of life? Not even close.
- Are physicists and biologists willing to believe in anything so long as it is not religious thought? Close enough.
- Has rationalism in moral thought provided us with an understanding of what is good, what is right, and what is moral? Not close enough.
- Has secularism in the terrible twentieth century been a force for good? Not even close to being close.
- Is there a narrow and oppressive orthodoxy of thought and opinion within the sciences? Close enough.
- Does anything in the sciences or in their philosophy justify the claim that religious belief is irrational? Not even in the ballpark.
- Is scientific atheism a frivolous (or laughable) exercise in intellectual contempt? Dead on.
Do not fear science and philosophy. Do not be intimidated by really smart scientist and philosophers who use really big words and lofty speech. Love them, be antipathy with them. It is ok not to have all the answers, but to know God does.