Denver Baptist Church has many ministries that we provide and support. For specific details on upcoming events, please look at our calendar or News and Events Page. We would love for you to be a part of this church family.
We have Sunday School at 9AM and a Wednesday Night Kids Program during the school year that is filled with scripture and fun. This program is truly a community event with many families joining us in learning about Christ and having fun. A free meal is served before we begin. We also have an incredible Vacation Bible School every summer.
We have Sunday School at 9AM and a Wednesday Night Kids Program during the school year that is focused on scripture. This group has fun playing games and often helps those in our community. A free meal is served before we begin. In addition to Sunday School and Wednesday night program, we also send our kids to a variety of conferences and camps.
We hold men’s bible studies throughout the year.
We hold women’s bible studies and have a variety of events throughout the year. In the past, the women have had a great time shopping, playing Turkey bingo, and studying the bible.
To help us live out the Gospel, we as a church can come together in “Life Groups” to encourage each other, nurture each other through the joys and struggles of life, and point one another and others to Christ.
If you would like to be plugged into a Life Group, please contact the church at 319-984-5947 or email email@example.com. We would love to take this faith journey with you!
We as a church support a number of missionary endeavors including:
- Denver Cares – a community organization serving the needy
- Alternatives Pregnancy Center
- The Northeast Iowa Food Bank
- Waterloo Street Ministry
- Pine Lake Christian Camp in Eldora, IA. Pine Lake, which hosts/facilitates a number of family and youth camps and retreats.
- Baptist General Conference Missionaries. We support the Varberg Family in the Philippines and the Chapman Family in Japan.
- Storyline Missions. We support the Dilly family in the Caribbean.
- Operation Christmas Child, through Samaritan’s Purse ministry. Providing school supplies and many other items, as well as the Good News of Jesus Christ, to children in disadvantaged countries.
- Denver is developing a relationship with a church planting ministry in Northeast Haiti. Two elders made an exploratory trip to Gonaives, Haiti in May 2013 to see how DBC could serve and support Living Stone Church as they reach the communities of Gonaives and Docine.
- Denver Baptist High School Students took a mission trip to Atlantic City in 2016 to assist Hope4AC, which helps with the areas poverty issues and restores the area.
- Denver Baptist has participated in 4 mission trips to Guatemala over the past 6 years. We have partnered with other area churches to serve the New Life School in Santa Maria de Jesus, Guatemala. This facility serves to educate and to provide/facilitate needed therapies and medical assistance to over 70 disabled children. New Life School employs a varied staff of mainly Guatemalan nationals.
Learn more about New Life School by watching their YouTube video.
Mission projects to the school in the past have included installing an elevator for students in wheelchairs and helping build and maintain the building.
Our most recent mission trip to Guatemala was in January 2014. This trip was yet another awesome opportunity to be the hands and feet of Christ, to bless and be blessed by friends in Santa Maria de Jesus!