- Pray for the lost in your family, school/ job, neighborhood and community.
- Pray for specific people to be born again, disciples, and to lead others to faith and make disciples.
- Pray for possible church plants in our area.
- Elliana continues to do well, but still has a bit of pneumonia.
- Karen’s Dad’s ongoing battle with prostate cancer.
- The celebration of life for Mike’s dad went really well this past week.
- Karen asked for prayer for her family’s relationships.
- Skinner’s friend, Kevin Dillman, needs a kidney transplant.
- They have an unspoken prayer request and also pray for healing and for trials they are facing.
- Micah is planning to transition to North Carolina for a new job in mid-August. Micah’s test on his spleen came back well but he still has pain.
- Skinner’s niece, Erica, is home recovering well and the baby seems to be ok. Pray also for Karen’s parents as they are helping Erica with her kids.
- Their son, Scott’s shoulder is doing better, still painful. He is going to get a Cortisone shot.
- Sandra’s brother-in-law, Gerry, his numbers were up a bit, but the doctors say he doesn’t have long to live.
- Sue B’s (worked with Sandra) son-in-law, Kyle, with all the terrible headaches is still having lots of intense headaches.
- Pray for Jim and Char’s ongoing battle with cancer. Their next appointment is the 12th.
- Their friend, Shannon, who had sepsis in her system is still not speaking but can text. She is making headway, but needs patience.
- Their grandson, Matthew, grew taller and gained some weight!
- Sandra’s brother has an aneurysm that they are keeping a close eye on.
- Sandra’s friend, Myra, had some major stomach issues.
- Carolyn’s dad who is 95 and still living at home and continues to do well.
- Carolyn’s former co-worker, Todd, has a rare eye disease.
- Time of refreshing for students, teachers and administration
- That the administration makes good decisions for the fall.
- New School
- Pray for Sky’s extended family.
- Sky’s dad’s Huntington’s disease is still getting worse.
- Judy Sylvester’s niece is doing well and back to work!
- Mark Widdel has severe arthritis in his tibia. Pray for the pain to go away.
- Please pray for Jacque’s cousin, Briggs. He is 5 years old and received braces for his legs. Pray this goes well for him and his mom and dad. Update: Things are going really well right now. Pray this continues!
- Pray for Patty’s health. The latest is that they are exploring issues with her diaphragm.
- The Cooper’s extended family (on both sides) have ongoing issues.
- Jaxon Hansen, and his ongoing recovery.
- Keep praying for Maurice’s leg and their situation in Canada.
- Nadien’s tumor shrank, but also that there is a new tumor in her brain. You can read more here.
- Pray for the Brooks with the ongoing transition with Max and Ben.
- Oltrogge’s friend, Jim, has pancreatic cancer that has spread and is causing trouble.
DBC and Community Upcoming Events
- June 10 – Meeting for volunteers for VBS @ 7:00pm at the church building.
- Sunday June 13th at 11:30 – Church Cook out at Cyclone City
- Summer VBS will be July 11-15.
- August 15: Combined Baptism service with our sister churches in Waverly.
Answered Prayers in 2021
- Praise: Andrew finished his paper for his Master’s!
- Serenity was released from the hospital on Friday. She is returning to school on 5/5.
- Nate Bergland’s new medication seems to be working with no side effects to speak of.
- (This was right at then end of 2020) Suellyn’s spot on her kidneys was given zero% chance of growing by Mayo. And even if it does, they would be able to remove it fairly easily.
- Mike Skinner’s neck surgery went really well!
- Patty’s granddaughter, Shelby, and her newborn baby, Riley, were found after they had been missing for a few days. They were ok!
- Mike Skinner’s dad, Dale, came to know Jesus before he died!
- The Liverance’s house burned down. But it only took God 31 hours from the time of the fire to provide a sufficiently furnished apartment.